Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Raspberry Rah-Rah!! :)

I've been so pleased with the row of raspberry plants that I planted in the garden this year! :)Last year's canes strained, fizzled, and died, with the exception of one plant, while this year's cane's showed real savvy and settled in and established themselves! :)
I suspect the added care I took with the soil preparation, and this year's extra mild summer, worked in their favor! :)
They've even begun to bloom and form fruit, which I wasn't expecting since raspberries don't usually produce their very first year in the ground! :)
The row is comprised of three types of raspberry plants, 2 red and 1 yellow! :)
The raspberry pictured is a yellow berry, Anne, that is said to have an exquisite flavor with hints of apricot, making it a special treat! :)
I don't know if they'll have time to provide fruit before the freezing nights return, this year, but we should be tasting them next year, for sure! I can hardly wait!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment