Friday, January 7, 2011

Life In The Dead Of Winter! :)

Garderners are forever optimists! :) We are forever enjoying the present while looking forward to the future! Gardens are ever changing, with the seasons, and a well thought out yard has something exciting about to emerge, at every turn! :)
Even though we're in the dead of winter, I knew my lens would find signs of life! :)
Now that the days are starting to lengthen, the buds are beginning to swell in anticipation of Spring! :)
Bulbs are stretching up through the soil! :)

The elephant garlic I planted, in the garden, last Fall is pushing up! :)
(Yes those are tree needles from our Christmas tree! They must have blown off the tree when Rud was carrying it past the garden to the burn pile!) :)

New flower buds can be seen on the Witch Hazel! :) I eagerly await her earthy, citrus aroma, when she blooms! :)
I love how there are signs of life even in the dead of winter! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment