Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Christmas On Valentine's Day!? :)

Christmas arrived on Valentines Day, for me this year, on account of UPS arriving a day ahead of schedule with my Christmas garden seed order from Territorial! :) And now I have "visions of Seedlings dancing in my head"! :)
I couldn't resist opening the box immediately and assembling my new mini greenhouse! :)

Lucky for me, it's lightweight, and will be easy for me to carry out to my shop room where I'll be growing the seedlings, - so I didn't get too far ahead of myself! :)
It's been years since I started tomato and peppers from seed, as they came out spindly, and I vowed I'd never bother again! - But my resolve failed when I saw all the tastety tomato and pepper varieties that are not available in any local market or nursery! So I've been studying, and picking the brains of trusted experts, and am going to give it the old college try once again!! :)
If I succeed, I will need this mini greenhouse for the transplants, and it's a unit I can also move outdoors when it's time to harden them off for the garden! :)
If I fail at growing hardy tomato and pepper plants again, the greenhouse will still come in handy for growing flowers and other vegetables, so it's still a good purchase, either way! - But if I can learn how to achieve success with starting tomatoes and peppers from seed, - there will be a bounty of flavors growing in our garden that will greatly surpass the flavors I've been able to grow, thus far! :)
Wish me luck!! ... I'm going to need it! :)


2 comments:

  1. That is a very cool greenhouse, BJ! You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pat! :) I can hardly wait to put it to use! :)

    ReplyDelete