Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Seeds and Blessings! :)

Anyone who knows me wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that, on occasion, this time of year, my table could be covered in seed packets!
Any gardener can tell you that one of the most integral parts of gardenig is the planning! In a vegetable garden, crops need to be rotated yearly, so one must decide where to plant veggies this year, and still meet the plants sun and shade requirements! :)
I've discovered that it's beneficial to the vegetable plants to have plenty of colorful flowers growing, to invite the pollinators! :)
I'm so passionate about gardening that there are times my blog is more about my yard and garden than anything else, and I'm fearful the few blog followers I have may be too bored to stay with me.
However, my blog is about Enjoying The Journey, and this blog Is My Journey, after all! :) So I share the joys and loves in life that I'm passionate about, in hopes that there may be a few of you out there who share my joys and may be uplifted by my journey! :)
After all, the best way I know to enjoy this life journey is to make a point of doing those things one most enjoys! For me, that's living the gospel; spending cherished time with family; spending as much time working in my yard and garden, as my busy life allows; giving service; enjoying pets and nature; and counting my many blessings! :)
Here's hoping that you find some enjoyment in it, too! :)

3 comments:

  1. P.S.) At the end of this week my last seed catalog order will be sent! I decided to take a photo now, before they get here, as they won't be able to fit on the table! :)
    Talk about seeds and blessings!! - I'm so grateful to live in an area where I can grow a garden; have the opportunity to purchase the seeds; and am currently able to garden! My cup runneth over with gratitude and enthusiasm!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post BJ! As I look out my window and gaze at the snow covered mountains I long to get my hands in the dirt again. I love looking at your garden pictures. I anticipate the snow melting and the deer retreating back up the mountain side and taking my little piece of heaven over for the summer. Oh how I LOVE to plant a garden with lots of vegetables and flowers. I always say that I will scale back. But I never do. My grandsons love picking peas and squash and greenbeans and checking on the pumpkins progress. I won't be tilling the garden until April or May. But I can look at your blog and all of my seed catalogs and dream. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glory, my heart is rejoicing to the words of a fellow gardener! Thanks for looking at my blog and sharing the joy! :)

    ReplyDelete