Sunday, February 13, 2011

Look Into His Eyes! :)

Look into these eyes! Do they look vacant to you!? :)
Potty training has taken Coal longer to learn than it took our other dogs and, as you can see, we've literally worn a path in the lawn taking him out to the designated potty area, day and night! :)

We've made the treck with him more times than we care to count, in the last four weeks that we've had him!
I will tell you that there Is intelligence in those eyes, - I see it all the time, - and sometimes I grin, thinking he is trying to be patient with Us, wondering if he'll ever get us trained! :)
Today is a new record, of four days in-a-row without any accidents in the house, and I know it's just a matter of time untill we realize he is really and truely potty trained! :)
Already, he is a great companion, and we can't help but love and enjoy him! How could we feel otherwise, - when we look into his eyes! :)

5 comments:

  1. I think black labs have such sweet eyes! I know he'll get trained to go outside. I read once that you could teach your dog to ring a bell every time he needs to go out. That's only if you WANT a bell rang all the time haha. Anyways, here is a link! http://www.wikihow.com/Potty-Train-Your-Puppy-Using-a-Bell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Missi, for that link! I remember visit teaching a sister who had cats, and she'd trained them to ring the bells hanging on the door, to go out! :)
    Coal will bark and use his voice if he ends up on the other side of a closed door, including the front door! So he knows to bark to come In, - now we just need him to use his voice to go Out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well our Macy does what I call the potty pace. She paces the room frantically while whining. Then she jumps at the door. Dogs are very smart including Mr. Coal Barnes. It just takes patience :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missi, Macy gives me hope for Coal, because he now does the pace walk in a small circle in front of the door. Then he looks at you, and if you don't notice, he does the circle again, and looks again. If you don't notice after the 2nd circle walk, the carpet's fair game! - Now if he will just bark, or whine and/or lunge at the door, like Macy, we'll have it made! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to play with him in March! I know Brennan will love him too. I just can't wait for the day that we have our own dog. :)

    ReplyDelete