Saturday, July 23, 2011

Will This Stray Stay!? :)

We have a stray cat that's been coming to our garage to have her kittens! The first time, she had four and they all died. This time she arrived around a week before they were born so she was able to have better nutrition since I've been giving her food and fresh water every day!
Yesterday I stopped hearing their voices and thought she lost her litter again. (They're a week old today.) This morning I was surprised to hear at least three voices mewing! She'd moved her kittens to another location, and so far they are fine! :)
She still doesn't trust me to be near her babies, but the trust is growing between the two of us!
She's been allowing, even encouraging me to pet her, and today followed me out of the garage as if she didn't want me to leave her yet! I squatted down and she laid by me and happily took in all the affection I gave her! :)
I hope as the trust grows, she will eventually allow me to see and handle her little ones. She left after her kittens died, last time, and I'm hoping she will decide to stay this time. I want to get her fixed when she's done nursing, and have her continue on as our cat. If the kittens make it, I will either try to find them good homes or will have them fixed and keep them, too! So far my Honey's leaving the decisions up to me. :)
I call her Cali, since she reminds me a bit of a calico cat. She's been working her way into my heart, to the point that I'd like to see her stay with us and call us home!
Will this stray stay? ... I guess that will depend on if I'm working my way into her heart too! :) Here's hoping! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment