Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Touch Of Welcome! :)

I love using the front deck to welcome guests, and even ourselves, to our home! It's fun to set an inviting tone year round, but is especially fun during the holidays! :)
I set it up to please myself with hope it may please other's too. :)
Recently I removed a couple tender plants from a flower pot and added some winter hardy ornamental cabbage, heuchera, euphorbia, and even a variegated pineapple mint to the existing perennials that I chose to leave in the pot! The arrangement pleases me every time I walk past or see it through the window! :)
I love how the creams, greens, purples, and golden-orange colors work together and play off each other! :)
One of the perennials, in the back, gives it that little touch of height that all flower pots need! :)
I even added some winter cabbage and violets to the herb pot to fill in a couple of die back areas! I love how they look with the pumpkins and squash! :)
The squash from the garden used to be crammed in under the bench, but since it's one of our favorite fall veggies to eat it's fast disappearing! :) It, too, will add it's festive touch of welcome ... while it lasts! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment