Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Loving Work Of Art! :)

For me, decorating our Christmas tree is a loving work of art! This year it's taken me 3 sessions of creativity to finish it, but it's now done! :)
As I hung an ornament of Rud and I on our wedding day, it brought back memories of our first Christmases together! Our trees were scantily clad, then, with a couple new strings of light, and only a few small boxes of ornaments! It was an exciting venture, as I knew through the years our selection of ornaments would grow, - as it has! :)
In fact one year, I decided to splurge on some new ornaments to try my hand at decorating a tree the way you'd expect to see it decked out at the mall! It turned out beautifully, but Rud felt it was lacking, and I agreed with him! Our tree needed the familiar faces of dear ones, and the ornaments that have special meaning to us as a family! :) So ever since, we've stayed with what we know and love! To me, it has the look of a country tree, which is us to a t'! :)



Our angel always tops our tree! :)
The wise men seeking the Christ child, is just one of many ornaments that we enjoy! :)
A child, with her pup, looking through the candy store window! :)
This partridge is especially special to me because it was given to me by one of my most dearest friends, -Jan! :)
One of our oldest ornaments! :)
The girl dressed as an angel, telling the first part of the true Christmas story! :)
The boy dressed as a shepherd, telling the last half of the story! [Such sweet voices!] :)
Ice cream snowman, giving big hugs to all! :)
The gift for Jesus, that's always the first present under the tree and last gift to be put away, that simply says "Seek Him"! It is filled with those things in our hearts that we wish to give Him this coming year! :)
This is Coal's first Christmas and we didn't know how he would act around the tree! I had visions of a tree with ornaments just at the top, this year, but, like our dear dogs before, he loves the tree! He likes to lay facing it, and drift to sleep watching the twinkling lights! :)
So the tree suits him, too, I guess! :)
I think it's time to get serious about making some new ornaments! We need more family faces on the tree! :)
When I make some of our grandsons, That will be a True loving work of art! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment