Friday, May 18, 2012

Temple Square! :)

 Leaving the Conference Center, we crossed the street to enjoy Temple Square! :) It was a perfect day for it! Nothing but blue sky and sunshine! :)
 I always enjoy looking around and getting gardening ideas! :) Oops! Looks like my camera equipment got in the way of the lens on this one! :)
 Troy was checking out the photos he was taking while Brennan was checking out the flowers! See him in the background!? You'll see more photos of him in action, being drawn to the flowers like a little busy bee! Maybe he'll be a gardener too! :)
 Tegan wearing what we endearingly refer to as "the Barnes scowl"! :)






 "B'-Man" in action! :)



 I don't know what it is about little feet, hands, and faces, but I can't resist capturing them in the lens! :)

 Especially when they're as cute as Tegan's! :)
 I'm so blessed to have such a loving daughter! :) I miss her already, and am thankful for our phone chats that get me by between visits! :)
 Gorgeous architecture! :)
 The pioneers suffered severe persecution and many hardships in their quest to live the gospel. My life has been richly blessed due to their strong strength of character! :)
 As though trying to make the Salt Lake desert bloom like a rose was not challenging enough, insects came in droves devouring their crops! In desperation they prayed for help and Heavenly Father answered their prayers by sending seagulls to eat the insects, saving their crops! This answer to prayer is remembered with a monument of a seagull, on temple square! :)
 The tabernacle still stands that I remember touring as a child and being shown how great the acoustics are there! They dropped a little pin and it's sound rang clearly throughout the building! :)
 One of the purposes on Temple Square is to do away with misconceptions! :) A tour group was learning about the temple and the Lord's work that is done there! :) I tried to snap a couple quick photos without disturbing them! I loved seeing the temple through the glass behind the model of itself! :)
 Temple work is not secret, ... but it is sacred. :)
 It's interesting to learn about all the work that went into building the Salt Lake Temple! :)
 "Tickle time!" :)
 From here we will be crossing another street to City Center! I hope you join us, ...
and that you enjoyed our walk through Temple Square! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment