Saturday, July 11, 2015

A Country Road! :)

 One of this year's goals is to lose my excess weight and get more fit in an effort to maintain good health. :)
 I've found the process to be like a country road. There are ups and downs, flat plateau sections, and turns and bends! :)
 It would be nice if one could start at point A and coast straight down the whole way to point B, do a happy dance and call it good, ... but that is not life! :)
 The scale wiggles up and down, three steps forward, two steps back, two steps forward, one step back, ... day in day out! :) Just when I think I'm not making progress, I look back and see how far I've traveled! :)
 For the past several weeks our Summer temps' have been steady in the 90's, making it too hot to work out on our Nordic Track in our unconditioned home, or to work in the yard. Thus my exercise program has been at a standstill, ... and so has my weight. ... Thankfully, the Summer weather has decided to drop into the 80's and 70's, giving me opportunity to begin working in the yard and garden and get back on the Nordic Track again! I'm hoping to see another downward slope in the road, as a result! :)
 In spite of my Summer standstill, I'm close to my destination! I have around 11 pounds left to lose! I'm close to being back into my lean wardrobe again! I can hardly wait! :) ... However, the closer one gets to their ideal weight, the slower the weight comes off, so these last pounds make me feel like a child on a road trip that has become too lengthy, looking out the window and asking, "Are we there yet?" :)
 I Will get there! I keep looking at my sticky note on the 'fridge that says "Make It Happen!" I Am making it happen! I remind myself that by this Fall I will have obtained my weight goal and it will then just be a matter of maintaining my weight! :)
 Yep, this whole experience is quite like a country road! It's best to expect the ups and downs, the plateaus and turns, and just make up one's mind to worry less about the destination, (I know I'm going to get there), and just enjoy the journey! :) Besides, I quite like traveling a country road! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment