Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Welcome To My Garden! :)

 For those of you who love gardening like I do, and for Sheana to see how the garden's coming along at home, ... Welcome to my garden! :)
Because I was gone last Summer and the fruit section of the garden, along with the flower beds, got away from me, - I decided on a smaller veggie garden this year. Once I get things tidy and in order, I will grow more, again! :)
 The onions are coming right along! :)
 Yesterday I plucked the first two from the ground and added them to our crockpot meal! :)
 This morning I noticed roots showing at the base of the corn stalks so I knew it was time to hill them up! :)
 As corn is a heavy feeder, I distributed organic fertilizer at the base of the stalks, hilled them up using a sturdy hoe, and watered them well, (leaves and all to make sure all fertilizer was off the plants and in the soil)! :)
 It always feels good to have this task done and know the corn has been given an added boost! :)
 I don't have many flowers growing in the garden this year, but do have a few! :)

 The potatoes are withered showing they are ready for harvest! For now, I'm storing them in the ground and digging them for our meals, as needed! They won't be there long! :)
 The tomato plants continue to reach in height! :)
 The tall one on this end corner is Juliet! She is our favorite for salsa! One plant is enough for our salsa needs! :)
 She is a heavy producer as you can see! :)
 The tall one in the middle is Sungold! :)
 She's another heavy producer so one plant is all we need for enjoying sweet cherry tomatoes! :)
 The 3 plants on one side, and a 4th on the end of the other side, is Big Beef! :)
 She is our favorite for beef tomatoes! Just one ripe tomato will fill my open hand with the most delicious, perfectly formed, round fruit! :)
 We can hardly wait for tomato sandwiches! I hope to do a bit of canning, too! :)
 I'm disappointed with the sparse germination of the corn this year. I've decided to use it as a learning experience, to see if all four rows produce in spite of the odd spaces. :)
 We have one row of squash this year. I'm crossing my fingers, hoping they produce well! :)
 Only one pumpkin seed germinated, but it's a doozy! :)
 I'm hoping it delivers a great pumpkin for us this Fall! :)


 Some friends are already harvesting Summer squash! Ours is not there yet, but I'm happy to see little zucchinis forming! My mouth waters just thinking about zucchini casserole! Yum! I'll try to remember to share this recipe with you later! :)
 Of course our garden is seldom void of feline company! They always seem to notice when I walk to the garden! :)



It's always fun to have them join me! :) ...
It was fun to have You join me in the garden too! :)
Come back again, you're always welcome! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment