Saturday, July 17, 2010

Half Way There!! :)

Two months ago, today, I started counting calories at my friend's, Vicki's, request to do this with her! I wouldn't have started, otherwise, as it sounded like too much bother to me! :)
She caught me at just the right time as I'd just had a check up at the doctors and he'd upped my blood pressure perscription! I knew I needed to shed my excess weight to be more healthy, so I agreed to start this journey with her! :)
Around Christmas time I hit my heaviest weight ever!! I'd managed to lose between 5-6 pounds from Christmas to May 17th! I was averaging only a 1 lb. loss a month!
The last two months, since counting calories, I've lost an additional 17-18 pounds, which now has me averaging a loss of 8.5-9 lbs. a month!! :) I never knew I could lose weight this successfully, at my age!! :)
Thanks, Vicki, for talking me into this!! :)
I've dropped two sizes, and my clothes were getting too baggy, so yesterday I went shopping for new clothes!! :) It ended up being a fun experience and I came home with clothes that make me feel 10 years younger! (A nice change from the frumpy look I'd slipped into while trying to hide the excess pounds!) I know at some point I will need to buy a new wardrobe, again, when I get down to my ideal weight, so I tried to buy just enough to get me by untill then! Lucky for me, when I went to pay I learned J C Penney had a fantastic sale going on!! :)
Today I'm celebrating that I'm half way there, to my goal weight!!! So this is what I look like with half left to go!! :) The photo is a little confusing with the mirror reflection behind me, but it was the best I can do taking a photo of myself! :)
Maybe by Christmas of this year, I'll be at my goal weight, and can share a photo of my thin self, then!? :)
Lately I feel like a sculpture, wittling away all that I don't want, one pound at a time, and feeling thrilled as I see the form of my desire slowly emerging!! :)
I'm beginning to see glimpses of my thin self, and I'm excited and eager to welcome her back, - like an old, dear friend! :)
I hope when all is said and done that I will be able to have my perscriptions cut back or cut out all together!! That would Really be cause to celebrate!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment