Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter thoughts! :)

I'm feeling especially melancholy this Easter day, ... melancholy and grateful to our Savior for the ultimate sacrifice He made in our behalf! :) Because of Him we have the opportunity of repentance; an eternal hope for ourselves and our eternal potential; and the sure knowlege of the ressurection that is assured for each of us! :)
My Aunt Jeannine past-on a couple days ago, and though I'm feeling her void in my life, I am grateful for the knowlege that she lives on and is experiencing true joy where she is! :)
While I enjoy the festive fun of Easter eggs; candy; little chicks and ducklings; rabbits; and all the things we normally associate with Easter, and enjoy a good Easter egg hunt as much as the next person, ... it's the true, eternal aspects of Easter that bring true joy, peace, and comfort! :)
If I could choose my time to progress on, I would choose to slip on to the other side the week of Easter, when eternal hope is in the air, and our Savior, and the ressurection are on our minds and in our hearts! :) Life if springing up all around us, reminding us that life is eternal, thanks to our Savior and Redeemer! :) How I love Him! :)
Happy Easter everyone!! :)

2 comments:

  1. BJ, I love your blog. Hooray! now I have another one to check each morning! I'm so glad you visited mine as well. I enjoyed your comments about Elder Holland talk and your Easter thoughts as well. Your yard looks amazing and I can't wait for warmer weather either, we are going to do a gardent his year. We haven't had one for a long,long,long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easter is THE most special time of the year for me....although I love Christmas, it is the message of Easter that comforts me in difficult times, such as the passing of your Aunt. Thank heavens for the atonement...what we would do without it? Thank heavens for our Savior.

    ReplyDelete