Monday, April 6, 2009

Hurray for Spring! :)

Spring is my favorite season, which is saying something because I love All the seasons! :) I especially love spring days like today with clear blue skies, crisp morning air, sunshine, and day temps' in the 70's!! :) Bees are buzzing, insects are in the air again, and birds are singing their thrilling songs of praise!! :) Hummingbirds are zipping to and from the feeders! :) Eveything's starting to awake, stretching their tender new leaves! :) And if you live in the country, you see new livestock babies in the fields! :)
I do have one concern this spring. We usually see the tree swallows return on March 20th, with the barn swallows close behind! :) The bugs are out, but still no swallows! The misquitoes will get out-of-hand if they don't return soon to help keep them in check! :) By now they usually are setting up residence in the birdhouses, ... so this is quite uncommon. I hope they return soon! :)
Enjoy your day everyone!! :)

1 comment:

  1. It is my favorite season as well...I think it has to do with everything new...from flowers to baby animals to birds returning. The leaves on the trees even seem brighter in the springtime. nice post

    ReplyDelete