Saturday, August 29, 2009

Country Comforts! :)

I meant to take my camera with me today, but sadly forgot it, so I am unable to share photos of our days activities!
Rud and I attended the local, annual Threshing Bee!! We checked out the long lanes of items from various venders, from dishes to birdhouses, to tools, to tractors, including many antiques! It was a true country affair, and the aroma of steam, metal, and oil was in the air as we looked over the many working steam engines, from toy size, to life size! :) There was a vender making kettle corn and you could smell it's sweet enticement wafting through the air! The fresh corn-on- the-cob was tempting, but we didn't go there for food, and kept walking! We didn't stay to watch the tractor pull, but we did watch the old thresher thresh some oats from the straw-like chaff, before leaving! :)
From there we drove from rural Toledo, to Chehalis where we attended the Garlic Fest at the fair grounds! :) I purchased two types of garlic to grow in our garden as well as garlic seasonings and hot, garlic salsa! :)
It was a fantastic day, rich in the comforts of counrty living!! I'm truely a country-girl, and very thankful for a day spent walking with my honey, sharing our mutual interrest in the country things we love! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment