Monday, August 17, 2009

Rapturous Rose Hips! :)

I love this time of year when the rose hips start coming on! Since I now have so many one-time bloomers, I'm enjoying alot more of them, since most one-time bloomers tend to produce hips! These red hips are from my Rose Rugosa Rose! The Rugosa roses tend to have the largest hips! They are easily the size of my upper thumb joint! :)
One-time bloomer hips!

Rose Rugosa!

One-time bloomer!

Alba ( white ) Rugosa Rose hips! These will get larger and turn more yellow! :)



One-time bloomer!

Maybe this is the year I should learn how to make rose-hip jelly!? :) - My time is pretty much claimed, so we'll see! :) - Have any of you ever made it before?! :)

1 comment:

  1. BJ your garden is looking great..sadly ours is so so...then again it didn't help that we were out of town for 2 weeks..even with having our friends son water it. Oh well. I need to learn more about better gardening

    ReplyDelete