Sunday, December 27, 2009

Fanciful Frost! :)

Lately we've been waking to frosty-white mornings! The frozen dew makes everything look magical, not unlike the feeling one gets when observing everything blanketed in fresh snow! I took several photos around the property and hope you find some enjoyment in them! :)
I almost didn't post this one as it was a bit too unfocused near the lens, but I love frost on everygreens and decided to post it anyway! :)





Who would have thought that pesky moss, that grows on our trees here, would be so beautiful covered in frost!? :)

Here's what's left of the frozen mushrooms! :)

A hydrangea blossom blew some distance to land on some mushrooms. I like the combination!



Sun on ice can have a fantasy feel to it! :)



It amazes me how this catnip herb can be so hardy in spite of the single digit freezes we've had! It looks happy snuggled in between these slabs of petrified wood! :)

In spite of the winter chill nature is prepairing itself for Spring! Buds, dusted in ice, await their time to awake from winter's slumber! Even though we are in the throws of winter, I enjoy knowing the days are now getting longer again, and it's just a matter of time untill all nature again stretches and puts on color! Untill then, I'm enjoying the beauty of her frosted bare bones! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment