Monday, December 28, 2009

Just Think, ... ! :)

Just think, ... nearly two months from now the early tulips and daffodils will be starting to bloom and the hummingbirds will be zipping to and from the feeders!! :)
This is the time of year when I become aware that Spring is around the corner! The days are getting longer ( even though we may not notice it yet) ; Christmas is over; and we are about to welcome in a new year! The first nursery seed catalog has arrived in the mail, with more coming, and soon I will be pooring over them, planning our 2010 veggie garden! :)
With the new year comes the resolve to set, or renew, goals in the never-ending quest to better ourselves! :)
With the realization that spring is around the corner, comes the awareness of needing to get this body more fit and prepaired for that yard and garden work I intend to tax it with! :)
This year I'm not waiting for the new year to begin my fitness program, but began today! I've decided there's nothing like the present and I best seize the moment and begin! :)
I seem to forever be looking forward, prepairing for the near future, while enjoying the present!
I love the seasons and derive a great deal of pleasure from each one! One of winter's pleasures is celebrating Christmas! Our live Christmas tree is still looking attractive and I'm finding it difficult to want to put all the Christmas decorations, lights, and tree away! It must go by the new year, but I'm still enjoying it! - All the while I'm also enjoying the thought that Spring is just around the corner! I'm enjoying the frosty-white winter mornings and looking forward to nature awaking and bulbs stretching up through the soil, - all at the same time! :)
Just think, ... with four wonderful seasons, each following the other, - there's always something to look forward to! :)

2 comments:

  1. BJ spring had begun to be in my thoughts a bit until the snow we had yesterday. wasn't it great! well i know many who were none too happy with it but i thought it was beautiful. happy new years. i can't wait to see your beautiful garden photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, I thought the snow was pretty too even though we didn't get much at our place! It was really coming down when I was in Longview, and it was white untill I was almost home! -
    Happy New Year to you too!! :)

    ReplyDelete