Saturday, March 13, 2010

Birthday Bliss! :)

Now that I'm in my 50's, birthdays don't hold the same excitement they did when I was a child. Not only was I excited about celebrating my birthday, in those days, but I was also excited about turning another year older! :)
These days, the ideah of adding another year to my age, comes as a disappointment! :)
But all that said, I have to say that this birthday was joyful for me! :) Rud came home from work with a gorgeous boquet of hot-rose, roses for me! Then he and Cal took me out to my favorite restaurant, (Red Lobster), for dinner! I felt spoiled by all the birthday wishes I recieved from friends and family by way of Facebook, phone calls, a card, and even being treated to a birthday lunch twice, previous to my birthday, (once by my friend, Vicki, and once by my sister, Diane)! :)
All that made me special! I'm so satisfied as I feel celebrated and loved, and that is what a birthday is truely about! :)
There is one more gift that will come later, ... my requested deer fence around our veg' garden!! I've wanted one for years and we have decided to put other attempts (to keep deer out) aside and just build it!! :) It's actually a good thing we didn't put it in before, as I discovered the plot we had just wasn't big enough! So we will be expanding our garden area when we fence it! :)
Thanks to everyone who made this ol' gal again feel the pleasures of "birthday bliss"!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oops! I meant to say "All that made me FEEL special!" :)

    ReplyDelete