Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Evening Grosbeaks! :)

This morning I decided to be brave and just try taking a zoom photo, of a bird, with my new camera! I had just rehung the feeders for the birds! (I take them down every night now, or the raccoons come and steal the suet, cages and all, and take most of the sunflower seed from the feeders!) A single Evening Grosbeak made his appearance!
A couple of females then came to the suet! :)

One by one, more birds started to arrive, so I kept taking photos! :)

In the past I've only seen a few Evening Grosbeaks, at any given time, in our yard. Last month I bought this new tray feeder, and ever since the number of Evening Grosbeaks has grown! :)

They enjoy how easy it is to land on and are willing to eat together as a flock! :)

I've counted up to 18 - 20 Evening Grosbeaks in the back yard at one time, since buying the tray feeder and the feeder you see two perched on in this photo! :)

I was a good distance from the "bird station" when I took these photos, but am disappointed my 300 lens didn't zoom in even closer. Either I'm expecting too much from it, or I still don't understand how to get the most from this lens. Some time I'll try to sit closer to the feeders to see if I can get better photos!

I hope these photos enlarge when you click on them, for a better view. ...

This is a beautiful bird, and well worth a closer look! :) Hope you enjoy them as I do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment