Monday, May 25, 2009

The Garden Seeds Are Finally All Planted! :)

When you look at this photo, you're looking at proof of a gardener desperate to plant more than she has room to grow! :) I decided to use this narrow strip of soil, that was going to be a foot path, as a smorgasbord of small veggies and herbs that I could find no room for! :) As a result, nine packets of seeds made it into the garden that wouldn't have otherwise! :)
I finally have all the seeds in the ground that I've chosen to grow this year! :) It feels so good to be at this point with the garden! :) I also have the entire garden hoed with the exception of the strawberry row! I will get to that soon! :)

While I worked I was accompanied by Buddyman, our faithful canine companion, and the birds! I enjoy hearing the bird's cheerful singing and munching sounds as they eat seed and suet! :)

I especially enjoy the happy chortling sounds of a tree swallow that often perches itself atop of the smoke stack of the sauna, near the garden! :) Such a cheerful serenade to work by! :)

I so love this time of year with living acitivity all around us! The temperatures are perfect for working outside, which makes us active too! :) I'd love another 100 days just like today! I would get so much done!! :) ...
I hope you're all enjoying this time of year too! :)


5 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm glad you were able to get everything planted!! Does feel great, doesn't it? Your garden looks awesome!

    Reading your post made me feel bad about hating our birds so much. I do like them better now that they're staying out of my garden! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heidi! :) The day after I planted the little onion plants, I went out and found a handful of them plucked up and left lying on top of the soil! We suspect Blue Jays may have been the culprits of that dirty deed! :) I planted them back in the ground, and checked them each day untill I was satisfied it was no longer in danger of happening! :) I understand how frustrating it can be! :)
    Most of the time our feathered friends are garden helpers, as they help keep the bad bug's population under controle, that would otherwise eat our harvest! :)
    I especially love the swallows that eat those nasty misquitoes, to make enjoying the outdoors possible! :) Our neighbor's property has a swamp area, and we'd be over-run with those thirsty little vampires, if not for the swallows! :) In the past we've seen bats out at night, too, and they eat them as well! :) I haven't noticed bats yet, this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BJ- Good job. Maybe you can convince Dayle to come see it in person. Bud

    ReplyDelete
  4. BJ your garden looks great! all your fingers must be green, not only your thumbs :) I need to learn better how to garden

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace, - you are so nice! :) I enjoy that you follow my blog! You make my day! :)

    Bud, - I talked to Dayle and she said sometime she and Lynn want to come visit our homes, here in WA, but it won't be this year. I hope they do come to visit! :)

    ReplyDelete