Friday, May 22, 2009

Growing Up! :) ... Not Me, - the Garden! :)

Rud and I have an agreement that he 'tills the garden, every year, and I grow it! :) Since I'm the one doing all the planning, planting, weeding, and harvesting, ... I need to be realistic about how large a garden spot I can single-handedly keep up! :)If you want a weed free garden, it requires alot of time and calorie burning work! :) I want to grow just about everything, so I have to keep my appetite for gardening under controle! :)
In order to squeeze in as much as possible in a small space, the answer is to grow UP!! :) This year, as usual, every nook and cranny of the garden space is being used, and I still wish I could plant more! :) I'm using trellises, cages, and bean poles to fit in what I have!! :) I'm curious how it's all going to look once everything is growing, and if I'll have planned foot paths well enough? Time will tell! :)

1 comment: