Sunday, May 3, 2009

Welcome To Our Home! :) Don't You Love Spring?! :)

It's occurred to me that there are many friends and loved ones who don't get to come and visit us due to miles, illness, or lack of time to make the journey! Why not use our blog to make this visit possible?! :) And what better time to come see the yard than Spring!! :)
Here's Buddyman!! :) He will be our guide!! :)

Rud works hard at keeping the lawn mowed! :) Cal takes over when his dad is away! :)

Looks like we're off to the back yard! :)

Right now you can see the hillside beyond the trees! You should come back in the summer and see it when the leaves are grown and the backdrop is all filled in! :)


Here's our garden spot!! :) I've planted new strawberries and raspberries, and have a tayberry still to put in! :) To the other side ( sorry I didn't get it all in this photo ), we have our blueberry bushes that are in bloom, and you can see the rhubarb over by the new composter! :) I've planted yellow yukon potatoes and onions! Soon I will be planting the rest of the veggies, and maybe even some annual flowers, if there's room! :)


This is an area of our property that's not always seen by visiters, as it's behind one of our tall hedges, but we enjoy the beauty of these trees! We put them in as seedlings ( little twigs ), and just look at them now! :)



Between the hedge and the everygreen trees is our small orchard! :) We have apples, pears, cherries, and a plum tree! :) I've been toying with the ideah of trying to squeeze in a couple more fruit trees, if I can just figure out where to put them! :) grin

I kept this visit short, as I know how precious time is! :) I hope you enjoyed your time here! :) My love to you all! :) Hugs!! :)



10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing...your yard is beautiful! We live on the high desert so we get a lot of dirt and more dirt. Then we have the rabbits and critters to eat whatever we don't get caged with chicken wire...sigh...it isn't green but it's home. We do love the green and I admire your beautiful yard. Someday...maybe...we'll get that too. :) Love, Lydia Oversby, Pinon Hills, CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. The place looks great mom! Makes me miss home. Buddy man did a good job showing the place. ;) Love ya. your fav kid! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your yard looks like it should be featured in a magazine. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a gorgeous piece of property. It makes me homesick for NJ, which looks very similar. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BJ, you have a bunch of land to care for...do you and your husband take care of all of it? Wow it is sure nice!! We have a corner lot on a cul-de-sac...it would be great to live where you are...it looks beautiful and peaceful...you sure make it look nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all of your kind comments! :) Grace, there is both good and bad that comes with owning acreage!
    The bad is all the work involved in it's upkeep, - and yes we do it all ourselves! :) I never seem to have all the flower beds cleaned at one time, and just keep rotating around the property trying to get them all done! :)
    The good is that we have peace, quiet, and privacy! :) There's room for even those large trees, and all the plants I want! :) When I worked at the garden nurseries I always knew I had room for anything I wanted to buy and bring home! :)
    Our last home had a lot the size of our front yard! Maybe one day we'll go back to that and spend our time doing other things instead of upkeep! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your yard is gorgeous!!! Looks like a lot of work too. Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say that's a wonderful yard!!! Good job! What a peaceful setting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. B.J. You have a photographer's eye :) I love the pictures of the flowers there. Your yard looks fabulous. Love and hugs, Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your kind comments, everyone! :) Jenni, hugs back! :)

    ReplyDelete