Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Faith Proceeds Even Minute Miracles! :)

It takes faith to be a gardener! Faith that if the seed is planted it will germinate and eventually, with care, provide food for the stomach and/or for the soul! :)
If you've decided to plant outdated seeds you've hung onto, it takes a bit more faith! :) I have a pkt of '04 Fortex pole green beans that failed me this year! Testing my faith even more, I used another pkt of '04 /Fortex pole green beans, from another company, in hopes of seeing these seeds germinate and grow! My faith was weakening as I watched for signs that didn't seem to be forthcoming! I wondered if I was asking too much of an '04 seed? I decided the next time I went to town I would buy a new pkt. of pole grean beans, but continue to wait and watch in the meantime, just in case! Then the miracle happened! :) I noticed the soil was beginning to lift where the seeds had been planted! As you can see this 2nd pkt of old seed is a success!! :) I'm so glad, because I Love Fortex green beans, and usually buy them from the catalog! :)
As you can see by this photo of this sad looking twig, there's been reason to believe this raspberry start has 'bit the dust'. I actually tossed two twigs like this away, after examining the roots and deciding they were dead! I wanted to plant the tayberry in that spot, so I didn't mind removing them. I still had 5 of these raspberry "twigs" left, and 4 of them showed signs of life! :) As these are ever bearing Heritage Raspberry vines, I truely wanted to give them every chance of surviving before giving up on them! :) I've been watering, and weeding, this dead looking cane, with the same care I've been giving the other four that have live leaves on them! Today I was rewarded for stretching my faith, when I noticed the new sign of life growing at it's base! :)

Hurrah!! I feel a bit like Dr. Frankenstein! "It's ALIVE, IT'S ALIIIIIIIVE!!! "

No comments:

Post a Comment