Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Random Ramblings! :)

What you're looking at is Five rows of corn, but it's hard to see that since I have an enormous volunteer potato right in the middle of two rows! :)
I've been waiting for it to mature enough to bloom and begin to die back so I can dig them up and free the corn from this intruder! I've been telling myself that these will be the first potatoes to be dug up and eaten! Finally the flower buds are forming!! :)

If you look at these two rows of yellow potatoes, you'll find they are already in bloom! :)

This is the white-blooming row of potato seed we were given from our friend, Brandon! :)

This is the lavender-blooming row of yellow yukon potato seed I bought through a catalog! :)

THIS is the result of a lovely varmint who tunneled under the soil and emerged to munch down several of our kale plants that I'd planted from seed! I wonder if it will take out our bok choy next?! :( It must have been too small for our scarecrow "eyes" to see and spray away! If you look close, or enlarge the photo, you'll see that there's still one row of kale left for us! I'm debating about growing some in a pot for fall/winter use! :)

Atleast the snap peas are beginning to flower! I haven't grown them in a long time and am looking forward to tasting them again, fresh from the garden! :) I keep hoping the "water jets" will continue to keep the deer away! ...
On a happy note, - do you remember when I first planted the creeping mint between the stones of our new compost tumbler platform?! ... As you scroll down you will see how this slow growing herb is making some real headway!! :)
I'm pleased at how well it's already starting to fill in between the cracks! :) I water it every time I water the garden, and it seems real happy! :) When you step on it, it releases it's delicious mint aroma!! :) Yummmmm!! :)

I finally have some morning glories starting to grow! I thought the mint would go slow and the morning glories would really take off, but the opposite has been true, thus far. However, I'm still hopeful the morning glory will get growing up the garden gazebo soon!! :)

As we leave the garden, you may notice some change at the bird station?! The little pink antique rose is finishing up with it's blooming, just as the seafoam white rose is really getting started! :) I love how nature works together that way! :) If it allows you to click on and enlarge this photo, you may also see an American Gold Finch enjoying the seed sock! :)
Lately I've been desiring a cam' that can take close-ups from across the yard so I can get some good bird photos to share! ( Just in case there are other "bird-brains" out there, like me! ) :)

I'll end my ramblings with a last photo of my loyal companion! :) He is always near me whether I'm in the house or out in the yard! Such sincere love and devotion touches my heart! :) I believe these dear "family members" will be with us in the here-after, if we have been good to them during our time here on earth! :)

2 comments:

  1. BJ, your garden is absolutely beautiful. What an incredible sight to look out upon and enjoy every day!
    -Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel! :) I'm so tickled you're looking in on our blog! :) I sure enjoy following yours! :) Love Ya! :)

    ReplyDelete