Friday, June 5, 2009

Let's Go Fly A Kite! :)

I was feeling bad for Rud yesterday. It was his birthday and he spent it as usual, going to work then coming home and mowing the lawn! Cal helped him with the mowing, but the day was not feeling very eventful, untill ...
A storm moved in with strong, yet comfortable, wind gusts!! :) It had an exciting feel to it, and Cal was drawn out into it! :) A tree across the road blew down, taking out our power, and after a quick call to PUD, we felt a need to DO something!! :) Cal thought of the kite I'd purchased in March, and we decided it was a great time to assemble it and give it it's first test flight! :)

Since the wind came in gusts, rather than a steady stream, we needed to wait for the air pressure to build enough to take the kite up! :)

When the air took it, it soared!! :)

This two handed kite, is new to us, and takes a bit of skill and getting used to! :) Cal did pretty well with it! :)

To me, kites have always been magical! It's like the air breathes life into them and they take on a personality of their own! As a child I always loved that feel of "life" tugging on the string!! :) Once the wind picks up, they become impatient to fly free, and I love that feeling of exuberance!

I probably should appologize about these photos! You really need to click on them to enlarge them enough to see Rud and Cal! I hope it works and lets you! :)

Rud decided he wanted to give it a try, so they swapped places! :)

Up it went again! :) Success! :)

Thanks Heavenly Father for taking an average day and turning it into something special for "the birthday boy"! :)
Thanks also to those of you who called with birthday wishes to Rud! :) It meant alot to him! :)

1 comment:

  1. I hope Rud had a great birthday. I was thinking of him yesterday. Being a fellow June Birthday Club Member I'm glad he had some fun. Tomorrow is our anniversary and the 15th is our birthday :)

    ReplyDelete