Monday, June 8, 2009

Frolicking Fawns & Folly! :)

Yesterday I wasn't feeling well so stayed home from church. I noticed a little fawn with spots, out rummaging in our field! Turns out there were two of them! I took my camera out in hopes of trying to capture atleast one of them in my lens, but they both layed down and dissappeared in the field grass! There was no sign of their mother, but I felt she must be within ear shot of them, and didn't feel brave enough to venture out into the field, for fear of a full out rebuttal from her! Those hooves are said to slice like knives, and I didn't feel a photo was worth the risk! :)
Later on I looked out and saw them again, leaping through the tall grass and buttercups so I quietly approached the field with camera in hand but, as before, they vanished from my view!

As cute and pretty as they are, deer pose a real threat to gardens and landscaping! Last night we made a point to have the motion detector water jet on, in the garden! I think it worked because our dog woke us atleast 3 or 4 times whining to get out and chase critters away! :) He does his night pup-patrole from the window, and allerts us when he sees something out there! :) Since the water system was on, we elected to not let him out so we could stay in bed and drift back to sleep. Each time he quieted down fairly quickly, as though the threat had been frightened away. He went out with me this morning, to see the garden is still undamaged, and has been trying to catch up on missed sleep ever since! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment