Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Garden Update! :)

Every now and then I'll be adding a garden update to my blog, so anyone who loves gardening, like I do, can follow it's progress! :)
You'll notice the black device in the lower right-hand corner, with the hose attatched to it? It's our "motion detector water jet", as I like to call it, or basicly the same thing as a "scarecrow"! :) We're hoping it successfully keeps the deer, raccoon, rabbits, neighbor cats, and possum away! If not, and we lose this year's garden, I'll be crying crocodile tears, and Rud will be having to build that tall fence I've been wanting! :)
So far I haven't regretted deciding to use the one, small foot path, between the onions and row of potatoes, for growing the variety of small veggies and herbs that wouldn't have fit, otherwise! :)I've been able to navigate just fine, and am looking forward to having more produce! :)

There's a black, metal, garden gazebo at the back of the compost platform that looks pretty bare right now. Little morning glory seeds are sprouting at it's base, and I hope eventually to have pink, white, and purple morning glories covering it! :) This is my first year trying to grow morning glories, so I'm not sure quite what to expect! I also have Heavenly Blue Morning Glories sprouting at the base of the third bean tower! If I'm successful we should have some attractive
garden photos to look forward to by the end of summer! :)
Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment