Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Crocus Candy! :)

If you're like me, flowers can be candy for the eyes! This catalog photo of the mixed crocus is similar to how the crocus, that I planted today, should look this spring! :)
The ground should have an even coverage of each of these, white, pale blue, ...

silvery-purple, yellow, ... ( sorry for this image. I should have turned off the flash ) ...

and creamy yellow crocus! :)

I took this photo when I was around half done with the planting! All 250 bulbs went into this south-side flower bed! I'm relieved that I managed to get all the bulbs in the ground during this short dry spell! :)

The leaves make it difficult to see the crocus bulbs waiting their turn to be planted! Hopefully the photo will enlarge when you click on it, - for a closer look! The bulb spade blends right in, - can you see it? :)

And here's a look at a catalog photo of the tulip mix I planted yesterday, ( in the previous blog post ). As the saying goes, "A picture is worth a thousand words." It'll be fun if they look like the photo! :)
Now that they're in the ground, I can start thinking about getting some bark! That's the last remaining outside goal, on my fall do-list! Then I can leave these bulbs to sleep for the winter while we enjoy the rest of the holidays! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment