Monday, November 2, 2009

Tulip Time-Out! :)

Today I took a "time-out" from all my other pressing responsibilities to get the tulip bulbs planted along the side of the garage! With only a few dry days in the forcast, getting them planted is just as pressing as the other things on my agenda! :)

As I planted them I pulled the soil away from the wood exterior walls, so once they were all in, I could water them in without concern of getting the wood wet! The overhang is so wide on the garage that it protects it and keeps it pretty dry, requiring me to actually water in the bulbs if they're to get enough moisture to grow and bloom come spring! I learned that the hard way, last year, when I thought the rain would wet them and it didn't. To my dismay none of last years tulips came up! Today I pulled withered, dried-out bulbs from the soil as I replanted the new! I made a point to water them in before calling the job finished today! :)
I'd ordered a tulip mix of 100 bulbs! Turns out that was the exact number I needed to fill the space!
The catalog says this mix will be mostly reds and yellows, with many bi, with a sprinkling of pink and white! The photo looked attractive so I'm hoping it will be bright and cheery this spring! :) I'll be sure to do a follow-up blog, with photos, at bloom time! If you like tulips, you can look forward to them with me! :)
Now if I can just get the crocuses in the gound tomorrow! ... :)

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I LOVE tulips and can't wait to see how they look in the spring!

    ReplyDelete