Friday, November 27, 2009

On Dasher, On Prancer, ... On To The Next! :)

It's become tradition, in our home, to decorate on the first of a holiday month! Normally I'd be taking down Thanksgiving the last day of the month, and putting up Christmas on the first of Dec.! :)
For some reason, I'm feeling restless today, and decided there's no point in waiting! Maybe it has to do with all the pie and fuel I've put in my body, that's got my engine running on high! Or maybe it has to do with an additional church calling that requires my attention the first and second week of every month, that makes me want to tackle those things ahead of time that I'd normally do during that first week! :)
At any rate, I started putting away all the 'mums, pumpkins, and squash, and sweeping the deck, steps and walkway! Seeing it bare made it suddenly feel much larger! - With that done, I removed the Thanksgiving wreath and hung the Christmas wreath in it's place! :)
I brought in the Thanksgiving bin and will now put away all the house decorations! If I'm still feeling energetic tomorrow, I'll start bringing in the Christmas decorations! :)
Right now I have the artificial wreath on the door. I use it untill I have time to make one from live greens around the property, ( since Rud and I both like live wreaths )! If I don't end up having time, we atleast have this one that gets us by! :)
I'm feeling anxious for Cal and I to get the house lights up too! :) Since that requires his help, we'll play that by ear! :)
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!? :)
Ours was wonderful! :)
Now I'm ready to move on to the next holiday!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment