Thursday, November 19, 2009

Late Bloomers! :)

It amazes me how some plants can be so determined to display their beauty long after the conditions are right for them to do so! Now the days are short, with darkness hanging on late into the morning hours and arriving early in the afternoons! The blustery temp's hold a chill to them now, having caused the bees, and other insects that blossoms attract, to seek hybernation for the winter! :) There seems to only be one reason for them to continue in their daring effort to bring forth blooms, and that is to gladden our hearts! :) With overcast, gray days, now short on light, - this bit of triumphant color is very dear to me! It's almost as if these plants, I give care to, are repaying me with this last push of color! :) ...








I appreciate their show of strong heart, especially since we've had a few hard freezes now! :)
A part of me relates to them in another way as well, - you see, - I was a late bloomer too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment