Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Color And Whimsy! :)

Lately I've noticed some Fall color appearing in the yard! :)
Summer's still here but Autumn is announcing that she's on her way! :)
So I'm answering back with some color of my own (!) ...




Starting with this sunny arrangement on the front deck! :)
I deliberately chose flowers and colors that can be at home in both seasons! :)
I also felt a desire to add a little bit of added life, in the form of whimsy, in one of the flower beds! This little, unexpected guy really isn't noticeable until you've walked right up on him! His watering can is needed in this south facing bed! :)
This cheerful gal's more in the open, but right now her color blends in with her background! :)
She appears to be looking for just the right spot to add a cut flower for added color, which I agree is needed this time of year! :)
In fact, I just bought more blooming perennials to add more life and interest to the flower beds & will be working on getting them planted, starting tomorrow! :)
Just knowing September is fast approaching, and usually brings the first feelings of Fall with her, gets me feeling a little apprehensive! Autumn has a way of lulling me into a hibernating mode which I'm not ready for yet! I still have so much I want to do! I need the energy of Summer to continue on tackling the many things on my do-list! ...
So I'm attempting to keep the energy flowing by adding more color and whimsy!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment