Saturday, August 20, 2011

Enjoying The Journey! :)

I just experienced something that I haven't been able to do since my childhood! :)
I picked up one of the kittens and held it on my lap! I'm glad I chose a comfortable fabric lawn chair over another chair I almost brought into the garage, that wouldn't have been near as comfortable, as I ended up sitting there much longer than expected!! :) The kitten soon started nodding off! Soon it curled up into a ball and was fast asleep! :) After awhile it stretched out fully with it's head in the space between my hip and my arm, and it's little arm draped across my wrist! :)
It was so peaceful, with the sounds of the birds, bees, and the neighbor's lawnmower droning on, across the field, and that little body breathing softly in my lap, that I almost dozed off myself! :)
I kept wishing I had my camera with me as it would have been nice to have been able to share a photo, or two, of a sweet moment like that! :)
I didn't have the heart to wake it, so waited until it woke, to put it back with it's siblings! :)
I look forward to sharing moments like that with the other kitties, too! :)
I found I kept thinking of all the pressing things I need to do, and had to remind myself to relax and enjoy the moment! All the responsibilities can wait a little longer, and besides, socializing the kittens is one of my responsibilities too! :)
Sometimes we just have to take time - to enjoy the journey! :)

1 comment:

  1. For those who may be wondering, it was the little white and orange kitten who socialized with me today! :)

    ReplyDelete