Monday, August 15, 2011

My Home Designing Skills Get High Marks! :)

Yesterday, the kittens started getting out of the box, and Cali looked on while I kept picking them up and putting them back in! I noticed she was more nervous about the gloves I was wearing, (to protect them from my scent), then she was about my picking them up and handling them! :)
After watching me struggling in vain to keep the four of them in the box, she took pity on me and climbed in and nursed them to sleep! I smiled my appreciation to her and went in to bed, leaving them to the pro! :)
Anyway, last night I had restless dreams about the kittens climbing all over and being in danger of falling and getting hurt, so this morning I set about making safer arrangements for them! :)
I set up the big box our b.b.q. grill came in, and used one small box for kitty litter, and a long narrow box for the food and water dishes! :)
Then I caught two escapees, put them back in the box, and set the box of kittens in their new abode, and spread a few clean towels in the added space! :)
Once done, I found Cali, and coaxed her back to the garage to make sure she approved of what I'd done! :) She looked it over, a little apprehensively, before giving it high marks by purring loudly! :) Then, to further show her approval, she climbed in and fed them breakfast! :)
So this is the layout of their new and improved living arrangements! :)
They seem to have adapted to their new and improved space almost instantly! :)
They enjoyed checking out the new bathroom! :)
Cali purred loudly, showing her appreciation, while her kittens looked on! :)
Then it was back to wrestling, which has recently become one of their favorite activities! :) Wrestling in the bedroom! :)
Wrestling in the great room! :)
The orange kitten was the first to try out the kitchen eating area and enjoyed chowing down on the new soft food! :) (Much better than the untouched bird Cali presented them with, that I noticed was left untouched in their bedroom)! :) Speaking of which, I will be washing their bedding, too, once I feel Cali's convinced they don't want the meal she hunted for them! :)
While I enjoyed watching her babies, Cali seemed to enjoy watching me! :) She even seems comfortable with my touching them, (without the gloves), which means I can start socializing them now! :) I'm so excited!!! :) I've been aching to pick them up and hold them! :)
... It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it!! :) grin

2 comments:

  1. This post is one of my most favorites ever! I love kitties and cats and I love how Cali is learning to trust you. Your kitty house design is great! You have to be one of the nicest people I've ever met. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, you always say the nicest things! :) Thanks for the kind words, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete