Thursday, August 11, 2011

Do You See What I See!? :)

This morning when I went out to freshen Cali's water and food dish, I was thrilled to see that Cali had actually moved her kittens into the clean box I'd prepared for them! :) This is their fourth move now and, at last, they finally are in the location I wanted to see them in!! :)
All four are still doing well, and I'm glad to have them where I can easily see them and keep an eye on them! :)
I've been spending a lot of time with Cali, talking to her and petting her! She purrs and takes in the affection, and started licking my hand yesterday so I can tell she's feeling more at home with me! :)
My time with her is two-fold, as it is also getting her kittens used to my presence and the sound of my voice! (and my singing and whistling!) :) Now that she has them in this new location, they will be able to see me, too, which will help us become more familiar to each other! :)
In a week or two they will be needing to be picked up and socialized, so this move should make this process easier to accomplish! :)
We have a long way to go, still, to get Cali comfortable with the idea of my touching her babies, and with getting the kittens socialized, - but I'm working on it, one fulfilling moment at a time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment