Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ever Changing Season's! :)

It's July and we are experiencing summer to it's fullest with hot, dry, sunny weather! We've been enjoying munching down on watermelon and all the other juicy fruit that's in season! The new leaves of spring are now fully developed and filled in! There's no question that we are solidly into summer now, and yet, ... a change is already taking place! The days are getting shorter and if you look close, ... you will see that it is already affecting our surroundings! Note the color of the once green leaves of the burning bushes! They are already whispering autumn with their golden leaves and first hints of auburn-red! :)
The lawn is going into it's brown, dormant state. Rud welcomes this time of year when the grass grows slowly and reduces his mowing chores! Now it's the weeds and clover he mows, more than the grass itself! :)

I finally bought a wreath to replace the one I've had up since spring! I meant for it to be a summer wreath, but the more I look at it the more I think it has a Fall feel to it! I suspect the suddle color changes, in my yard, affected my wreath choice. :)

The new change of decor in the house look like they'll be just as at home in autumn as they are for summer! :)
Even when we're deep in the throws of a season, nature is constantly in motion, moving on to the next! Time never stands still! It occurred to me today that Halloween is only three months away! I like to keep track of these things because holidays have a way of sneaking up on me and catching me unprepaired, if I don't! :)
It's time to dig in and make the most of what's left of summer, and at the same time, mentally prepair for fall! After all, the season's are ever changing and somehow we've got to keep up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment