Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Splash Of Color! :)

Some days a splash of color is all that's needed to boost one's spirit! :)
I love the hot colors found in this fushia, and knew the hummingbirds would love them too! :) It's fun to watch them zipping from blossom to blossom, enjoying the necter with the same eagerness that my eyes enjoy their beauty! :)

I take pleasure in soft colors, too! There's just enough subtle color in this flower bed to give it interrest! It'll hold more interrest once I get the beauty bark spread in it! :)

I hope this photo will enlarge when you click on it! It's more enjoyable seeing it in detail! :) If only the soft, sweet fragrance of this hydrangea would carry across the screen to you! :)

Some may feel the color of the hydrangea matches the stain of the deck too closely, but I rather enjoy the close match since this is the only plant in the yard that does match it! :) The stain said gray, but once applied we saw it was actually gray-blue! We've debated changing the color of the deck, and one day we still may, but the longer it stays the more I like it! :)
Color is an amazing thing! I can't even bring myself to imagine what life would be like without it! When someone asks me what my favorite color is, I find I can't limit myself to just one! It's the combination of colors, working together, that brings such inner peace and joy! :) I'm apt to list some combinations of colors that please me at that given moment, but I'm not good at singling out one favorite color! I need them all!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment