Friday, July 24, 2009

It's In The Bag! :)

When I told Sheana the potatoes are finally ready she expressed an interrest in seeing them dug, so this post has her in mind! :)
When I dug in the pitch fork, this is the average amount of potatoes I had from each plant! :)

In our family, it's the yellow potatoes that we are most fond of! :) Yukon Gold and Yellow Finn!

The timing couldn't be better for digging them up, as the pumpkin, and other winter squash, are looking for space to stretch out! :)

Rud's coming home today from working out of town! :) If he asks me where the potatoes went, I can tell him, "We've got 'em in the bag!" :) Not for long though! The majority of these will actually be served as part of today's meal! :) Since I love potatoes, I can hardly wait!! :)

5 comments:

  1. THANKS MOM!!! It made my day seeing the yummy potatoes! I hope there will be some in September. :) If not I am sure there will be other yummy things to eat then. Love you. Thanks again for doing that! It was a fun superise! Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I Love that Buddyman finds his way in most of your blog post. :) It will be fun to see how Buddy man act to Brennan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shean! :) Hopefully we'll be eating corn on-the-cob when you're here!! :)
    Buddyman manages to make it into alot of my photos as he's always by my side! He's a dear companion! :)
    He tries to avoid little ones because he's afraid they'll fuss and he'll get blamed. :) It will be interresting to see if he feels comfortable with Brennan before you leave. :)
    We can hardly wait to see you!! :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, now I have to go eat breakfast. Love the potato pictures, going to look to see if we have some.

    ReplyDelete