Friday, July 31, 2009

Hilled Up And Happy! :)

After 3 or 4 days of melting in temperatures of over 100 degrees, (one day was 106 in the shade), I'm happy to have a cool, comfortable, overcast morning to tend to things on my do list!
One of those things is hilling up the corn! While watering, in the mornings, I noticed the roots of the stalks were starting to show! When I see that I know it's time to give the corn "the works"! I weed, sprinkle a little organic furtilizer along the rows, use the hoe to hill up all the stalks, then give them a good hosing down to make sure they're well watered and that there's no powdered fertilizer left on any of the leaves! :)
They always looked refreshed and seem eager to grow afterwards! :)

4 comments:

  1. You did a great job mom! I want to take Brennan have him go play in it. :) Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll take Brennan out for a walk in the garden when you're here. :)

    ReplyDelete